Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Handmade Holidays: Felt Stockings

I cross-stitched stockings for my husband and I the year we got engaged. Then I made a very detailed cross-stitch and beaded stocking for my first daughter. I started one for my second daughter, but unfortunately never found the time to finish it. I also made stitched stockings for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law when they became engaged and told them I would make stockings for their children whenever they had them. Wellllll, they have two kids now. I knew if I didn't have time to make a stocking for my own daughter, I wouldn't have time to stitch one for my niece. So I decided to make some fleece/felt stockings for them instead. I talked with my sister-in-law and got an idea of what she would like. And here is what we came up with:
I actually made Lily's stocking first to try out some different techniques. She loves ladybugs so I wanted to incorporate that to make it personal to her. I also didn't want to use traditional Christmas colors. Plus pink and purple are her favorite colors. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment