Sunday, May 26, 2013

Craft Project: Pour Paint Glass Flower Vases

We've created pour paint wine glasses and pour paint flower pots. I thought it would be fun to combine the two and create pour paint glass flower vases! We gave these away for mother's day gifts!
Here's one of them with flowers in it after we gave it to my stepmom:
In the above photos, I just masked the bottom of the vases. Below, I masked the top and bottom of the vases. We poured paint along the sides with a spoon as we did for the wine glasses we made in another project.
 
Just be sure to cut along the edge of the tape before you pull it up, after the tape has dried.

I happened to be at the Dollar Tree and noticed they had cosmo-style glasses. I decided that we needed to make pour paint cosmo glasses to add to my glassware collection!
 I really LOVE how these turned out! They are so fun to drink out of!

4 comments:

  1. We made wine glasses for our first attempt. I loved the way they turned out with the exception of the straight line we had to create at the top to make the unpainted rim. Any suggestions for how to make that line more fluid? The only thing I can come up with is to clip various shaped notches out of the tape before we put it on round the rim. I'd love to hear any other ideas you may have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas than yours. Maybe instead of notches, you could cut a wavy line in the tape? Then the edges wouldn't be so straight or sharp. They would be more organic and fluid? Glad you had fun with the project though! You could maybe try using contact paper instead of tape. It might be easier to cut a shaped edge in it.

      Delete
  2. Do you bake them? What kind of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Gloss Enamel paints and did bake them. You can see our process if you click on the painted wine glasses link at the top of the post. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete